Hi Andrew,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A total newbie question here, but is there a way to specify the engine
> I would prefer when defining models for applications. Would really
> prefer MyISAM, but MySQL keeps creating InnoDB when the tables are
> automatically created. (Reason: MyISAM supports full-text searching
> whereas InnoDB doesn't).

I think this already came up somewhere in a bug report/feature request.

> Please don't tell me I'll have to create tables manually to achieve
> this!

Unless I missed something, yup you have. But not really in the end.

ALTER TABLE appname_modelname ENGINE=MyISAM;

and you're done. That's something you'll have to do afterward doing a
'syncdb' or sqlreset indeed.

InnoDB tables are needed to take advantage of transactions. With MyISAM you
don't have that. I'm also not sure how you going to use the full text
searching unless there is a patch now too..

Cheers,

Geert

--
Geert Vanderkelen, Support Engineer, MySQL AB