> If I do this.. the whole administration interface will work straight
> away? Or will it need additional configuration?

I was assuming you'd already configured mod_python and the admin app
just couldn't find its media files  - if that's not the case, have a
look at http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/modpython/

This should be the minimum you need to add to Apache's httpd.conf to
get a particular project's admin app running on localhost/admin/
(assuming you've installed mod_python already):

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
<Location "/admin/">
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE some_project.settings
    PythonPath "['C:/your_django_projects_folder] + sys.path"
# Development server only
    PythonDebug On
</Location>
# Development server only