On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Wiiboy <jordon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to use the form wizard for a model.  The problem is, I have
> an ImageField in the last step, but I keep getting a "This field is
> required" on it.  request.FILES contains the uploaded file, however.
>
> Can I use ImageField's in a Wizard?

It turns out the answer is no. I know the documentation says it's
possible to upload files on the last page of a wizard, but closer
inspection of the internals of the form wizard demonstrates that this
isn't true. It was almost certainly possible at one point in the past,
but the refactoring of FileFields has evidently broken this
capability.

#7439 is the ticket describing the problem.

The good news is that while it is currently broken, the changes to
FileField that caused #7439 also mean that it should be possible
handle file uploads on any page of a wizard (provided you upload to
temporary files). It will require a little more work than #7439
indicates, but it would also be a major improvement to Wizards.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)