On May 12, 11:06 am, beetlecube <sitecontac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  Just wondering if there are alternatives to the feedjack RSS
> aggregator that anyone has used. It doesn't have to be "Django-ized"
> like feedjack is.
>
> Just any Python library that you've had good luck with, parsing a lot
> of different RSS feeds.  I know there are examples of using Mark
> Pilgrim's feedparser with an aggregator tool, on his site. Was
> thinking of just using that.

I spent some time with feedjack and django-planet last year and came
to the same conclusion - writing your own system with feedparser is
the way to go, in combination with the source that drives the
Community section of the djangoproject web site.

http://birdhouse.org/blog/2009/10/20/generating-rss-mashups-from-django/

"The surprising solution came from the Community section of the
official Django project web site. The Django developers keep the code
that drives djangoproject.com in subversion along with the source code
to Django itself. And the code that drives that section of the site is
really lightweight. So I did a subversion checkout of the Aggregator
app, and found that all I really needed from it was its
update_feeds.py script, which itself is a wrapper around Universal
Feed Parser, tweaked to talk to my own models."

That became the system behind http://baynewsnetwork.org/ , which is an
RSS aggregator / mashup generator.

Scot