Without caring or even attempting to understand your business I sounds
like you just need to stop using a BooleanField() and instead use a
ForeignKey(null=True) and then judge if it's "on_premise" by a method
rather than a field something like this:

class MyModel(Model):
    related_premise = ForeignKey(Premise, null=True)
    def on_premise(self):
        return self.related_premise is not None
    def get_related_premise(self):
        assert self.on_premise()