Hello,

I've been charged with creating a front-end in Django for a MSSQL
database. It
has to stay in MSSQL for various other reasons, so just using our
normal
Postgres stuff won't work.

It is all working, except for the internal names of ManyToMany Fields.
Our DBA
likes to follow the CamelCaseStyle, and Django likes the
underscore_style.

The two options I've found are:

1.) Define the field like this, using through:
websites = models.ManyToManyField('Website',
through='DepartmentsWebsites',
blank=True, null=True)

The problem there is that a lot of the ORM is disabled when you use
"through",
and the admin won't display the MultipleSelectWidgets for a table that
uses
"through".

2.) Define the field like this, using "db_table":
websites = models.ManyToManyField('Website',
db_table='Departments_Websites',
blank=True, null=True)

The problem there is that the Departments_Websites table contains
columns
called ID, DepartmentID, and WebsiteID, but Django is still looking
for id,
department_id, and website_id.

Any thoughts? Or would it be a LOT more difficult than just telling
the DBA
that we have to be slightly inconsistent in our naming schemes?

Thanks!

Steven L Smith, Web Developer
Department of Information Technology Services
Nazareth College of Rochester
585-389-2085   |   ssmit...@naz.edu
http://www.naz.edu/pub/~ssmith46