On 9 Sep 2010, at 12:04, bagheera wrote:

>> On Sep 8, 11:14 pm, maroxe <bachir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, In my models I want to have an optional field to a foreign key. I
>>> tried this:
>>>
>>>  field = models.ForeignKey(MyModel, null=True, blank=True,
>>> default=None)
>>>
>>> But i am getting this error:
>>>
>>>  model.mymodel_id may not be NULL

I think the error is that SQLite treats columns with defaults as NOT NULL.

As far as I can see, you don't need the `default=None` in your model
declaration. Change it to:

field = models.ForeignKey(MyModel, null=True, blank=True)

-- I have multiple apps using SQLite that do exactly this, so to quote an
earlier post, "this should just work (TM)"

HTH

Regards,
Carlton