Hello,

I know that this has been asked before, and the answer seemed to be
- display the wrong data back to the user along with the error
message.

However, this does not really work with password fields, because there
is nothing really to display.
Let's say the entered password was too short or two passwords did not
match - all you'll see is the equal number of asterisks.

In this situation I'd like to clear the fields, but display the error
message,
otherwise user has to clear the field himself/herself, which I think
is an unnecessary extra step.

Why not just allow :

form.clear_field_data('somefield')

Thanks.