Have you guys seen adoptahacker.com? I'm sure that Jon Wegener and the team at
New Work City would be happy to help with finding places for visitors to stay
(as in couches/extra rooms).

In terms of getting hotel rooms sponsored, we might be able to VCs to offer
sponsorship for this (though we should at least reach out to  Charlie O'Donnell
@ First Round Capital to get his take on this).

--
Dana Spiegel
sociableDESIGN