My django app is working great with Debug=True.  But now I'm in
production and I want to email exceptions to me and print them to my
logfile.  I've been googling and searching the docs for the last 2
hours and what I really need is a snippet that shows how to do it in
middleware/settings.py.  I've never defined my own middleware and I'm
just treading water.  I've combined everything into my settings.py
file to make it easier to explain, even if that may be bad design for
now.  Here's as far as I've gotten; which just times out on even valid
requests:

----------------------------
settings.py---------------------------------------------------------------
partial

def init_logging():
    formatter   = logging.Formatter("%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %
(levelname)s - %(message)s")
    filelogger  = logging.getLogger()
    filehandler = logging.FileHandler(LOGFILEPATH)
    filelogger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
    filehandler.setFormatter(formatter)
    filelogger.addHandler(filehandler)

logInitDone=False
if not logInitDone:
    logInitDone = True
    init_logging()

logger = logging.getLogger("settings")  #verified this logger does
work.

def process_exception(self, request, exception):
    logger.debug(str(request))
    logger.debug(str(exception))
    return None

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'process_exception',  #if I comment this out, system works, with
it in response hangs even without error
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
 #   'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
 #   'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
)