On 21/10/10 08:22, shacker wrote:

> Thanks David, but I'm not sure I'm getting this. I've added that line
> to the class, but it doesn't give me cascade delete behavior (I can
> still delete a row  and the comments linked to it remain in the db). Is
> there something else I need to do?

Hmm.  Appears to work okay for me (only tested Django-1.1.2), at least
for instance.delete().   Perhaps you could try the operation directly at
./manage.py shell to see if there's anything odd going on:

e.g.

> from django.contrib.sites.models import Site
> s = Site.objects.get_current()

> from myapp.models import MyModel
> m = MyModel(name="foo")  # or whatever, with the reverse generic rel.
> m.save()

> from django.contrib.comments.models import Comment
> c = Comment(site=s, content_object=m, comment="Hello")
> c.save()

> Comment.objects.all()
[..., <Comment: : Blah...>, <Comment: : Hello...>]

> m.delete()

> Comment.objects.all()

[..., <Comment: : Blah...>]   # Hello is gone...