First off I have to say that I am new to django. I am trying to get a
value from drop down select in HTML part. This value has spaces in it.
However, when I retrieve it in the view code only the text up to the
first space gets retrieved. Is there a to retrieve the whole string
with all the spaces preserved?

Thanks,
Govind

HTML TEMPLATE:

<select name="machine">
      <option value='all'>ALL</option>
      {% for machine in machines %}

         <option value= {{ machine.product_name }} > {{ machine.product_name}}
</option>
         {% endfor %}
   </select>

find.py:

if key == 'product':
         value = request.GET['product']
         Log('%s' %value)
         if not (value == 'all'):
            cores = cores.filter(product__build_num=value)