On 07/28/06 19:20, Nagy Károly wrote:
> Steven Armstrong írta:
>
>>I've extended some of django's built in model and form fields to accept
>>an additional kwarg named 'html_attributes'.
>>
>>It works like this:
>>
>>class Whatever(models.Model):
>>   title = models.CharField(maxlength=128,
>>     html_attributes={
>>       'size': 15,
>>       'class': 'myCssClass'
>>     }
>>   )
>>   content = models.TextField(
>>     html_attributes={
>>       'dojoType': 'Editor',
>>       'items': 'formatBlock;textGroup;|;justifyGroup'
>>     }
>>   )
>>
>>The fields are then rendered like:
>><input type="text" id="id_title" class="vTextField required myCssClass"
>>name="title" size="15" value="" maxlength="128" />
>>
>><textarea rows="10" name="content" cols="40" class="vLargeTextField
>>required" id="id_content" dojoType="Editor"
>>items="formatBlock;textGroup;|;justifyGroup"></textarea>
>>
>>Not perfect, but works for me.
>>I could wrap it up as a patch if someone's interested.
>>

> I do. Backward compatible and does not hurt nobody(?).
> That is perfect for me Steve, if you share i'll thank you.
>
> Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Instead of writing a patch, I've extended/wrapped djangos model and form
fields. This way you can update django without having to reapply patches.

You can find the code and instructions under [1].

Just for the record. I'm totally with Malcolm that this is not a pretty
solution and that in time there must be a better way.

[1] http://www.c-area.ch/code/django/

cheers
Steven