We have a consistent mystery on one of our .edu sites I'm hoping someone can help solve.

If we restart apache on this shared host, the site reverts to a very old, non-Django version of itself. That is, an antique PHP-based version of the site is served up, and the design changes to one that we haven't used for 1.5 years. IOTW, the wsgi configuration works perfectly on a fresh server boot, but if apache is restarted, the wsgi configuration is ignored and apache tries to pull in an old PHP- based site instead.

The problem is NOT triggered by apachectl graceful, but it IS triggered by apachectl restart.

Once this happens, the ONLY fix we've been able to find is to physically restart the entire server (taking all the other sites down for a few minutes as we do). No amount of restarting apache or mysql will fix it.

WHM/cPanel server with mod_wsgi
Django 1.2.3, MySQL 5
Source in svn
There is NO Django caching enabled whatsoever
No *.pyc files
We don't use memcached (beefy server, moderate loads, we really don't need caching). In WHM, there are no parked domains, add-on domains, or subdomains configured.

Has anyone ever experienced this or anything like it? I run a number of Django sites on a number of servers, and have never experienced anything like it. Thanks for a clue.

Thanks,

Scot