Thank you Sid!  Early on there were no responses to my question, and I
hadn't looked recently.  So just now I got back to this issue and
googled "django error email user" and what a suprise to find my own
question (with your response) came back near the top of my search!
Your response was so excellent and concise, took me just a few minutes
to get it integrated and working.  Thank you!!!

Margie