On 11/10/2010 03:12 AM, Joakim Hove wrote:
Hello,

I am setting up a bug/issue tracker - the project is quite small and I
do not have complex needs. As I enjoy working with Django I was
looking for a Django based solution. Can someone reccomend a Django
based issue tracker?

In case I fail finding something based on Django I think I will use
Trac which seems quite nice.

Hello,

<http://basieproject.org/> That is done by the same group that forked Trac to DrProject and eventually decided to implement something fresh using Django.

We use Trac but I'm keeping a close eye on Basie. Trac is quite mature and has a very active community but the "one Trac instance per project" model is its biggest shortcoming from the point of view of someone who has to manage multiple projects. We use configurable ticket workflows quite effectively. We use milestones to represent cycles of two weeks into which we put tasks in the queue (tickets). We use the "owner" of the ticket for "ball in court" handling. Coupled with a custom ticket report, all project participants have a very convenient and quick overview of project status.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis