Hello,

I am trying to use Djangos internalization framework - but struggling
a bit ...

In my settings.py file I have:

LANGUAGES = (
    ("en" , ugettext("English")),
    ("no" , ugettext("Norwegian")),
    ("sv" , ugettext("Swedish")),
    ("dk" , ugettext("Danish")))

LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-us'

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',

In my view I have:

from django.utils.translation   import ugettext

def view_local(request):
      msg = ugettext("Local message")
      return render_to_context(....)

Now my problem is that the ugettext() function will only return the
literal input string, whatever I pass it. In the beginning I of course
passed in strings I had a translation for, but e.g.

    msg = ugettext("Message_without_any_translation")

will just work "fine". So I guess I wonder if it is possible to get
some debug info from this, i.e. in development mode I would prefer the
ugettext() function to crash and burn if the msgid can not be found
instead of just return the msgid. Any tips on this?

Regards Joakim