Hi,
I hope someone can give me a hand.

I'd like to have a *single* UserProfile table/model which is *shared* across many apps, much like auth_user is.

--- setup info ---
Django 1.2.1 on a recent Linux system. All pretty up-to-date.

One project (X). Many apps (A,B,C). The url, say: *.home.box, where I have setup fake (/etc/hosts) subdomains to localhost as A.home.box etc.

I have an Apache VirtualHost per name and they each point to a .wsgi file which, in turn, points to a settings_*.py file per name. (I *think* this all means each "app" is running in a kind of sandbox -- I really don't know what apache processes are -- so it's like three different web-sites all running from a (mostly) common directory structure and each one has a single instance of the settings pertinent to it.)

This, astonishingly, seems to work. All good so far.
--- ---

If a user who is not logged-in (i.e. no cookie) hits A|B|C.home.box I'd like them to get sent to A.home.box/login
Once they are logged-in, they should be able to visit B|C.home.box

So far they all have one table; the auth_user one. I have a sqlite db which all three apps share.

I'd like to have a single UserProfile table/model which is shared across all three apps.

I tried the way the docs suggest and used AUTH_PROFILE_MODULE, but that gets wired to 'A' (for example) but then I can't seem to get_profile() from request.user in views in B or C (I get some kind of can't find A.UserProfile error.)

I did manage to get A_userprofilebase, B_userprofile and C_userprofile -- but that's three tables! I have not yet hacked a way to reach the user profile from the user. (I am doing this by subclassing a model: A has the main class, userprofilebase, with all the profile fields. B and C subclass that as userprofile.) I don't know quite what this will all mean for situations like deleting a user -- I'd have to go look in three places to completely delete their profile too.

I need to restrict who can visit what 'sites' (some users can hit B, some C and some both), so the profile table would hold info about this kind of thing.

Right, clear as mud I hope :)

\d