Michael,

In one of my projects, I did something like this:

<form id='stars' action='/some/url' method='post'>
    {% for field in rating_form %}
        <li>{{ field}}</li>
    {% endfor %}
</form>

$('#stars').children().not(":radio").hide()
    $('#stars').stars({
        cancelShow: false,
        callback: function(ui, type, value){
            ajaxVote(value);
        }
    });

function ajaxVote(value) {
        $.ajax({ url: '{% url plugin-rate object.slug %}',
                 type: 'POST',
                 data: { rating: value },
                 dataType: 'json',
                 success: function(data){
                    var avg_rating = data['avg_rating']
                    var votes = data['votes']
                    $('#rating_display').html(avg_rating +" out of 5 (Rated " +
votes + " times)")
                 },
        });
    }

The key to hiding the other form elements (like the labels) is the $
('#stars').children().not(":radio").hide() call, which basically hides
everything but the actual stars. If the use doesn't have JS enabled,
they should still see the radio buttons with the associated labels.

Hope that helps,

Chris