Using a raw_id_field instead of a dropdown list will open a popup with a
'pseudo' django admin. The reason I call it 'pseudo' is that the list can be
searched or filtered just like the normal django admin, but when you click
on an item, it becomes the selected item in your inline, and the window
closes.

On 3 January 2011 18:55, mongoose <darrenma1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a drowdown list in my inlines. The problem is that there are
> over 3500 items which is making is difficult for people to use. Are
> there eaiser ways perhaps to filter or search within the dropdownlist?
>

> Thanks

Dr Greg Turner
Director, the Interaction Consortium
http://interaction.net.au