Now that you're luxuriating in the "done for you" aspect of Django, check out
the ModelForm object. It gives you the goodness you seek.

I don't think that setting up your URL system the way you describe is a good
idea. It's a complete security failure, so you'd have to handle permissions
anyway. Therefore, there's no benefit to having the username as part of the URL.

Shawn