Hi all,
I was a java programmer before I started to code in python.
For the last 1yr I use python and loves it.

I'm new to django, but tried django tutorial and used web2py before for a
few websites.
Now, I had a bid for an e-commerce site.

I don't want to go for magneto or the like, because I don't know PHP nor do
I like to use that language.
The one e-commerce solution I found and looks promising is Stachmo
 http://www.satchmoproject.com/
which is django based.

How stable that project is? Or do you recommend the use of it?
Is there any other python  based solutions?

If I choose to go for stachmo, I'm most likely sure that I'll end up with
lots of problems because I'm not that familiar with django, can I hope to
get some good support from you guys (I heard a lot about django-users group
is very supportive) so that I will not end up in bad customer reputations?
!!

I need:
* an e-commerce site (not complex, we may have a max of 20 different
products),
* a forum with support, downloads/updates, product registration, Personal
account page/shipping details/preferences/etc,
* a blog
* social media integration

Please suggest a starting point, and django applications that can be
integrated to create this product in a rapid manner.
Also, if you suggest the use of an ide, please mention which one. currently
I'm happy with geany (a text editor + some more)
Don't worry about the fact I'm new to django, I'm fast to adapt.