On Friday, February 18, 2011 10:56:54 AM UTC, Gabriel Prat wrote:

> Hi all, I'm trying to use messages framework, I've checked that
> middleware, context processor and app is well configured (I'm running
> django development version which a standard manage.py startproject
> includes all needed stuff)
>
> So, let me write a little bit of code, assume a model like:
>
> class MyModel(models.Model):
>     name            = models.TextField(max_length = 100)
>     url             = models.URLField()
>
> And a simple form:
>
> class mymodelForm(forms.ModelForm):
>     name = forms.CharField()
>     url = forms.URLField()
>     class Meta:
>         model = MyModel
>
> A basic view (assuming all needed imports in top of my views.py file):
>
> def mymodel_create(request):
>     from forms import mymodelForm
>     if request.method == 'POST':
>         form = mymodelForm(request.POST)
>         if form.is_valid():
>             form.save()
>             messages.success(request, _('Model has been saved'))
>     else:
>         form = projectForm()
>
>     return render_to_response('mymodel_create.html', {'form' : form})
>
> <snip>

The context processor is not invoked, because you're not using a
RequestContext. So the messages variable is not added to your context. The
last line should be:

    return render_to_response('mymodel_create.html', {'form' : form},
context_instance=RequestContext)

See the documentation:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/ref/templates/api/#subclassing-context-requestcontext
(the Note box, a couple of screens down - unfortunately there's no handy id
to link to directly)
--
DR.