On Mar 22, 9:58 pm, jim_rain <j...@rainville.net> wrote:
> Brian -
>
> Thanks for the reply - I missed that step. But when I added it the
> behavior changed but still no joy. The form has text field in addition
> to the date picker - it looks like this:
>
> class JTestForm(forms.Form):
>     input          = forms.CharField(label='Please enter some input',
> max_length=100)
>     start_time =
> JqSplitDateTimeField(widget=JqSplitDateTimeWidget(attrs={'date_class':'date
> picker','time_class':'timepicker'})),
>
> In my template I was outputting {{ form.as_p }}
>
> I would see the CharField but not the date picker. So I changed my
> template to {{ form.media }} then I don't see anything (neither
> field) .
>
> Also when I do that the out put from runserver changed to: "GET /myApp/
> jtest/ HTTP/1.1" 200 283
>
> Any other suggestions or ideas are very welcome as I'm pretty
> stumped.
>
> Jim

Well it is really hard to say without knowing what that javascript
does or seeing your code. The javascript might be error-ing out mid-
way through and leaving your HTML in a bad way.

Get it working first without the fancy javascript. Then add one thing
in at a time, it will be easier to debug that way.

Also, look in the debug server output for HTTP responses to requests
for the javascript and CSS assets. If you see 404 then you know
something isn't right with your static files setup. If you don't see
any requests for the javascript or CSS, you probably forgot to output
the <link> and <script> tags (the form.media) stuff.

Also, do a "view source" in your browser and look for clues that way.
Does it look right? Are the right HTML, <link>, and <script> tags
there?

And finally, when using Javascript, you simply can't live without the
Firebug add-on for Firefox. It will help you diagnose Javascript
errors and is useful for seeing AJAX calls mid-flight.

Good luck! I hope I have given you some ideas to try.

BN