On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Carsten Fuchs
<carstenfu...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Dear Django folks,
>
> just an information that I would like to share (and be happy to hear some
> feedback):
> In summary, contrary to [3], I hope that the docs keep or add thick, fat and
> blinking warnings about the performance impacts of USE_L10N  ;-)

Can you share your profiling data? We haven't gone out of our way to
make anything slow, so I'm intrigued to know where you're seeing the
performance hit. Are you being "pecked to death by ducks" because you
have a page with lots of L10N calls, or is it one very slow call...
the more details we have, the more likely it is that we can address
the problem (or, as you say, put up a big honking warning if we can't
fix it).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)