Hi fellow Django users.

Its great news that 1.3 is out.
I have been using the development branch on one machine for a month or
so before this release so fiddling with some of the new features.

Very happy about the class based views.
Static file handling is so-so, *never really had issues with the old
system anyway.
Configurable delete-cascade will save writing my own delete() for some
complex scenarios.
New template tags are all pretty useful too.

Time to start using some of the new features in live projects &
testing existing projects for compatibility errors on 1.3=)

The only 'recent' issue that caused me trouble at first (project is
heavily ajaxed) and with the release of 2.5 i had to fix up the ajax
for csrf headers:

eg: (for prototype js)

function getCookie(name) {
    var cookieValue = null;
    if (document.cookie && document.cookie != '') {
        var cookies = document.cookie.split(';');

        for (var i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
            var cookie = cookies[i].strip();
            if (cookie.substring(0, name.length + 1) == (name + '=')) {
                cookieValue =
decodeURIComponent(cookie.substring(name.length + 1));
                break;
                }
            }
        }
        return cookieValue;
    }

function requestPage(event) {
    var element = event.element();
    var url = '/'+element.identify()+'/';
    new Ajax.Updater('content', url, {
        method: 'post',
        requestHeaders: {'X-CSRFToken':getCookie('csrftoken') },
    });
}

Will see how it goes. Very appreciative of the effort to develop any
new version of django.

Cheers

sam_W