On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Matteius <matte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> add_introspection_rules([], ["^student_portal\.fields
> \.ProtectedFileField"])
>  ! Cannot freeze field 'student_portal.assignment.provided_files'
>  ! (this field has class
> classcomm.student_portal.fields.ProtectedFileField)

Without looking too carefully at whether your introspection rules are
correct, the first thing that jumps out at me is that South sees the
field class as "classcomm.student_portal.fields.ProtectedFileField",
while you have registered an introspection rule for
"^student_portal\.fields\.ProtectedFileField".

The "^" at the beginning of your regex anchors the expression to the
start of the string, so it will only match if your class name begins
with "student_portal".

Try changing the regex in your add_introspection_rules call to either:

"student_portal\.fields\.ProtectedFileField" -- removing the "^" so
that it can match anywhere within the string, or

"^classcomm\.student_portal\.fields\.ProtectedFileField" -- preserving
the "^", but adding the "classcomm." that South sees as the start of
the full class name.

--
Regards,
Ian Clelland