hi Diederik:
    I think you can see something from my attach file, that indict i've
60M-70M per python process cost. That is because I start the flup with
command below:
python manager.py runfcgi host=127.0.0.1 port=3033 method=prefork
pidfile=/var/run/fcgi.pid minspare=5 maxspare=30 maxchildren=60
maxrequests=200

it will fork 30 process , and every process will cost nearly the same memory
(60M-70M)