On 5/04/2011 12:04pm, ydjango wrote:
Is there a package or easy way to create an installer to auto install
apache, django, mysql based web app?

The best way is to script the installation. Google for "scripted installs <your os>" or similar. You should find some examples you can rework to suit your needs.

I think this is a very healthy way to install stuff just in case you need to repeat the process on another machine. The scripts leave a nice record of what you have installed.

There could be some manual steps like installing mysql and providing
setup screens to enter connection data to mysql and mail server.
I would want to at minimum, when installer is run by user, auto
install all the many python packages, install django and build my app,
and delete py files automatically.

For Python applications you can also script installation. I usually call the Python script at the end of the os instyallation script. I use pip and here is an example. I uncomment lines as required and comment them out again after a successful install so I don't accidentally re-install. You need to study the documentation for pip if you decide to use it ...

#
# requires 1. setuptools and 2. pip
#
#pip install django
#pip install markdown
#pip install psycopg2
#pip install south
#pip install django-tagging
#pip install django-cms
# having trouble with buildbot/twisted - debug via /usr/local/lib64
#pip install buildbot
#pip install akismet

Mike