On Apr 16, 7:29 pm, Aljoša Mohorović <aljosa.mohoro...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> if i have something like this:
> =======
> class MyModel(models.Model):
>     name  = models.CharField(max_length=255)
>
> class OtherModel(models.Model):
>     name  = models.CharField(max_length=255)
>     mymodel = models.ForeignKey(MyModel)
>
> class MyModelItem(models.Model):
>     mymodel = models.ForeignKey(MyModel)
>     other = models.ForeignKey(OtherModel, null=True, blank=True)
> =======
>
> how can i use limit_choices_to (or some other way) to filter
> ForeignKey choices based on current model field?
> basically, how can i do:
>     other = models.ForeignKey(OtherModel, null=True, blank=True,
> limit_choices_to={'mymodel': 'self.mymodel'})
>
> any options works for me (overwriting admin.TabularInline or form for
> TabularInline).
> thanks for any info.

Have a look at:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1387431/django-model-modelform-how-to-get-dynamic-choices-in-choicefield
or
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3419997/creating-a-dynamic-choice-field

If you want to change a live form where items in combobox B depend on
an item selected in combobox A, then you will need to use custom
javascript (and there are a ton of examples on the web using, for
example, jQuery).