Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Andrew Dalke <andrewda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I must say that I looked at the code with some dismay. Not because of
> the code, but because it looks like it's a *lot* of work to handle
> UDFs. I had hoped it would be much easier.

I'm sure the code could be simplified and polished (and there are some
parts that I know to require some substantial rework).. now that I
have a working prototype and I spent some time reading the sources I
was just about to start asking some more specific question on the
list, but my impression was that if explicit support for this kind of
specializations already existed, then django-gis would have used that.

>> Depending on your plans, it
>> would be interesting if we could collaborate on this.
>
> [...]
>
> So yes, I'm interested (though I would implement a comparable OEChem
> back-end), but no, it's not going to be in the next few months.

Sounds fine, I will also be attending EuroPython next June, so at the
latest we might have a chance to talk again about this on that
occasion.

Cheers,
Riccardo