Hi,

That data is not part of the path they are part of the querystring. It would
be better to set your urls.py as:

rl(r'^cgi-bin/DocDB/ShowDocument\$', 'docDB.views.retrieveDocumentVersion'),

And retrieve values in your view as:

request.GET.get('docid', '')
and
request.GET.get('version', '')

Look at the documentation here:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/ref/request-response/#django.http.QueryDict

Raúl

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Michel30 <forerunn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guy's,
>
> I'm trying to replicate behaviour of a legacy CMS and stick it into a
> new Django project.
>
> Here is an example of my url:
>
> http://hostname:port/cgi-bin/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=19530&version=1
>
> I want to filter the docid and version with a regex in a urlpattern to
> use later in a function:
>
>    url(r'^cgi-bin/DocDB/ShowDocument\?docid=(?P<documentid>\d+)\?
> version=(?P<version>\d+)', 'docDB.views.retrieveDocumentVersion'),
>
> I've tried about every way of escaping the '? ' but can't get it to
> work...
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks,

Raúl Cumplido