The problem was the documentation, the manual of utilization says one
thing, but the Contrib documentation says another, I follow contrib
doc:

This is the configuration that worked:

settings.py

STATIC_ROOT = ''
STATIC_URL = '/static/'

STATICFILES_DIRS = (
 "/home/guevara/workspace/imobiliaria/static",
)
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
    'django.core.context_processors.debug',
    'django.core.context_processors.i18n',
    'django.core.context_processors.media',
    'django.core.context_processors.static',
    'django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth',
    'django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messages',
)

And call CSS in base.html:

<link href="{{ STATIC_URL }}css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/
css" media="screen" />

Thanks!