Tip part 1:

I just learned about the awesome logging.exception function today. Instead of a logger.error or logging.debug, you can call logging.exception (if you're in the "except" of a try/except block), and it will automatically include the stack trace. This is super-helpful, especially now that Django has more integrated logging in 1.3.

Tip part 2:

If you're doing AJAX and have 500 errors, this makes it really easy to know exactly what broke. Add a decorator that does this logging and decorate your views with it. Example: http://dpaste.com/hold/540815/

Question:

Assuming performance won't be a major concern, I'd like to decorate all my views automatically. My first thought was middleware, but since it handles requests and responses, I don't think it's the right layer. Does anyone know the best place for automatically decorating all views with a specific decorator?

Thanks,
Shawn