On 24 Mai, 00:17, Jonas Geiregat <jo...@geiregat.org> wrote:

> > In case I'd decide to migrate the existing users over to the new
> > database, how could I make sure the passwords end up in django
> > correctly? All I have is the old_password()-crypted user passwords,
> > can I simply insert those as values into the auth_user db field?
>
> That might be one of the bigger things to overcome.
>
> In order to succeed you must find out how django stores passwords and how
> your current passwords are stored.
> That way you can start converting , probably by writing some python
> conversion script.
> You can find out more on how django stores it's passwords
> herehttp://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/#passwords

I think I may have found a solution by simply comparing the password
the user enters to the result of the old_password() function in mysql,
and if that matches I can store the password in the auth_user table
using the set_password() call which will convert the hash to "modern"
django standards.

Once I call save() on the new user object, the user should be found in
django's auth_user table from then on, correct? I've already managed
to connect to the old database using django's multiple dababase
feature and some raw() sql queries on the old user table.

All the best, Uwe