Hi Everyone,

I am trying to parse an XML feed and display the text of each child node
without any success. My code in the python shell is as follows:

>>>import urllib
>>>from xml.etree import ElementTree as ET

>>>content = urllib.urlopen('
http://xml.matchbook.com/xmlfeed/feed?sport-id=&vendor=TEST&sport-name=&short-name=Po
')
>>>xml_content = ET.parse(content)

I then check the xml_content object as follows:

>>>xml_content
<xml.etree.ElementTree.ElementTree instance at 0x01DC14B8>

And now, to iterate through its child nodes and print out the text of each
node:

>>>for node in xml_content.getiterator('contest'):
...        name = node.attrib.get('text')
...        print name

Nothing is printed, even though the document does have 'contest' tags with
text in them. If I try to count the contest tags and increment an integer
(to see that the document is traversed) I get the same result - the int
remains at 0.

>>> i = 0
>>> for node in xml_content.getiterator('contest'):
>>> i
0

What am I getting wrong? Any hints would be appreciated.

--
Regards,
Sithembewena Lloyd Dube