I've not used the django community aggregator, so I'm making some
assumptions about it's functionality. If that app were to emit a
signal for each feed entry that it processed, it would be fairly
simple to write a signal handler that would create the associations
that you want. With this approach, you wouldn't need another cron job,
your processing would be done at the same time as django community
aggregator's.

If you do need to do some manual feed parsing, you might try using the
Universal Feed Parser python module: http://feedparser.org/. It's
specifically designed for parsing RSS / Atom feeds, and so may be
somewhat more useful than BeautifulSoup.