On 9 June 2011 08:06, Benedict Verheyen <benedict.verhe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I developed a calltracking for our team and now, another team is interested
> to have their own calltracking.
> The best way to seem to deal with a project that is the same from the
> start, is to makea new virtualenv
> and "git clone" the codebase. The new project might slightly differ in the
> futur.

Clone the codebase into a new repository for the new team. Deploy from this
repository to your server, so each team has their own repository deployed
into their own virtualenv.

Then if either side modifies the common code, you can git push/git pull the
changes across between the two root repositories.

You could also consider using git submodules to refer to the "master" copy
of the calltracking module in the second team repository.

Malcolm