Hi Bruno! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the pro
assistance. :)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM, bruno desthuilliers
<bruno.desthuilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <ot>
> This could be written much more simply as "return self.modified >
> self.created"
> </ot>

Omg, thanks! That's way better. :D

>> def get_separator(self):
>>     return ' :: '
> In this case (returning a constant), it would be much simpler to make
> it a class (or instance) attribute.

Ah, I think I get it.

Just to clarify things for me, does attribute equal a property or method? :D

I am guessing that attribute = property, so you're saying that I
could/should do this:

@property
def separator(self):
    return ' :: '

> Properties are for computed attributes - that is, things that are the
> semantically (conceptually, whatever) attributes, but requires any
> computation, either on get, set or del.

Ah, interesting... I think I need to let this all sink in a little. :)

> But well, if you prefer java-
> like getters/setters, then choice is yours... Depends on the
> programmer's background,

I have a little experience with Actionscipt 3 and PHP5 OOP... I guess
I am used to the concept/practice of getters/setters,
(public/private/other) class methods and properties.

Are you saying that a non-property model class method is equivalent to
getter/setter? Or, maybe you are saying that the "lat =
property(_get_lat)" python property syntax is like
getters/setters/accessors in other programming langs?

Again, sorry if stupid questions... sorry if this is getting OT for
the Django list.

> and of course of whether the code was written
> before new-style classes and the descriptor protocol....

I have not heard of this before. Googling "new-style classes and the
descriptor protocol" now. ;)

Looks like I have a lot of learning to do! :D

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Micky