Just because dpaste breaks integrity of django-users doesn't mean that
e-mail is the "right" forum.  E-mail doesn't preserve code formatting or
syntax highlighting which is legitimately annoying.  Also lots of coders
still use text based e-mail (I don't but others do) so html syntaxing won't
always work either.  pastebin.com does have the option to retain snippets
forever as an alternative to dpaste.com which deleted them eventually.

Brian

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Russell Keith-Magee <russ...@keith-magee.com
> wrote:

> On Friday, July 1, 2011, Herman Schistad <herman.schis...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > What about including something about e.g. http://dpaste.com for snippets
> etc.
> > I know I hate to read more than 10 lines of code in my email reader,
> > without syntax highlighting or correct indentation.
>
> Actually, there is a really good reason not to use dpaste (or a
> similar alternative) - it breaks the integrity of the Django-users
> archive. If dpaste ever goes away, or expires old pastes, then a
> valuable resource is lost. If we cant say "search the archives for an
> answer", then one of the big reasons for having a mailing list in the
> first place is lost.
>
> Yours,
> Russ Magee %-)

Brian Bouterse