On 07/18/2011 04:33 PM, bruno desthuilliers wrote:
> On Jul 18, 3:33 pm, Alexander Crössmann
> <alexander.croessm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Malcom,
>>
>> I am not sure the management commands are what I want
>
> Strange enough, it seems that everyone starts by saying this and ends
> up writing custom management commands ;)

I wrote quite some scripts meanwhile, which just set
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE and use then the models.

I think if a django model is only a tiny part of a bigger script, then
management commands are not really advantageous over management commands.

Another issue, that I had is trying to use django under windows with py2exe.

Management commands are no more found, as django would require the
python source code in order to find existing management commands.

Perhaps there is an easy  work around, but I am not aware of one.