Hi,

Let's imagine I have a web server running with a Django application.

Now I want to install an update (with a modified model)

Is there any recommended way to upgrade such a server?
Are there any tools helping with such upgrades or with creating upgrade
scripts?

If I had to do it 'manually' this is roughly what I'd do:
- reconfigure the web server to redirect to an 'under maintenance' site
- Before unistalling any new code:
        dump all tables
- install the new version
- start an upgrade function, which deletes all tables and repopulates
them from the dumps with some potential conversions.

Thanks in advance for suggestions or examples of projects which handle
updates more or less on the fly.