Hi,

I have a small question:

I use settings.py:LOGGING in order to configure my logging

Now I'd like to add some log traces during the import phase
of a module using django

Example:

import logging
logger = logging.getLogger('mymodule')
logger.INFO('created logger')

import django.db
logger.INFO('another message')

What I see is following:
The message 'created logger' is not displayed

The message 'another message' is displayed

The reason is, that importing django.db was reading the setup file and
thus configuring the logging.

Now I wondered about the 'minimal' import required to convince django
reading its config.

I tried

from django.conf import settings
but this does not seem to read the settings as settings is a
<django.conf.LazySettings object>

Is there any 'standard' way of forcing the reading of the settings.

Accessing any member of django.conf.settings will force the reading and
enable logging, so what I can do is

from django.conf import settings
DEBUG = settings.DEBUG # force reading of django config

It just doesn't look really pythonic as this line makes only sense to a
user, who knows, that django.conf.settings is a lazy object.

Any suggestion for nicer code is welcome