On 08/10/2011 09:01 PM, Peter Kovgan wrote:
> Ok, Ok, I've got it, read docs.
>
> But why It must be so complex?
> Why default admin statics become unavailable, if you use another server
> and not that of development: "runner"?
>
> Should it mean, that I must find elsewhere my admin statics, copy-paste
> them to some place and poin to this place from settings.py?
>
> OK....
> I do not like this burden.

The burden is not really a big burden.

Set STATIC_ROOT in config.py  to a directory, which is empty and where
you have write permissions to.

run afterwards ./manage.py  collectstatic

This should collect all static files (also the ones from standard django
modules) into the STATIC_ROOT directory.

If your STATIC_ROOT directory does NOT contain the files that aren't
served, then this is strange.

Just one more question:

Did you also use Django 1.3 on your windows host or was it a different
version???