Hi Muhammad,

On 08/17/2011 08:18 PM, Muhammad Choudry wrote:
>  I've
> found that JSON-RPC is a good way to go for this, as there is
> typically built in support for this in javascript in addition to the
> numerous additional benefits.
>
> I've seen several ways to do this:
> 1) Create a unique URI for each function that you would like to
> access:
> https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/JSONRPCServerMiddleware
> 2) Create one point of access, and pass the method name in the JSON
> package.  In this particular example an SMD is automatically
> generated.
> https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Jsonrpc
>
> The issue with (1) is that if there are many functions to be accessed,
> then there will be many URI's that will be used.  This does not seem
> like an elegant solution.  The issue with (2) is that I need to
> compare functions against a list of all functions.  Again this is not
> an elegant solution either.
>
> Is there no way that we can take the advantages of (1) and (2) to
> create an interface such that:
>  - Only one URI is used as a point of access
>  - Functions are called directly (without having to be compared
> against a list of functions)
>
> ?

Did you look at rpc4django.

The way it works roughly:
- you add rpc4django to the installed apps
- in urls.py you create one uri for the rpc calls
- you simply decorate all functions, that should be available via RPC.

By default the function will be available as xmlrpc and jsonrpc function.

For more details: http://packages.python.org/rpc4django/setup.html