My suggestion, do it the Django way. In any case, even if you use the
inheritance model, the additional data would be stored in a separate
database table, and the data belonging to the super-class would be stored in
the main user's database table.

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Axel Bock
<axel.bock.li...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I will need to add some properties to a user in the future. Now I found two
> ways of doing it. First, the Django-way (as described in the Django
> docs<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/#storing-additional-information-about-users>).
> Then I found some other posts from other people, all doing an inheritance of
> the original User-class and using this one. That seems rather elegant, cause
> there is one database lookup less necessary per user lookup. Now I want to
> go a way which is most "Djangonic" - cause I don't want to be stuck
> somewhere in the future with something that breaks on Django 1.4 or
> whatever.
>
> Any recommendations from the users here?
>

> Thanks in advance!
> Axel.

Thanks,
Subhranath Chunder.