I've encountered such a problem, so maybe I can help.
I solved that like this:

First, make sure you have the right permission to the folder 'media'.

Then,
#####setting.py####
MEDIA_ROOT='' #Use absolute path
ADMIN_MEDIA_PAREFIX='' #'/media/', focus on the 2 slashs

#####httpd.conf####

Alias /media
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/media #end
without slash

 <Directory
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/media">
#absolute path

    AllowOverride None

    Options None

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

 <Location "/media/"> #2 slashs

    SetHandler None

</Location>

 <LocationMatch "\.(jpg|gif|png|txt|ico|pdf|css|jpeg)$">

    SetHandler None

</LocationMatch>