Hello,

[ot]

One way to do it...

You could make all of your elements (label/input) inside of your block
container display "inline" and then use something like this:

#someContainer * {
    vertical-align: middle !important;
}

The "!important" (what I call "not important") is optional, depending
on your setup.

You might also play around with line-height and font-size (i.e. apply
the same sizes to labels and input fields) in order to tame things
down.

line-height: 1;

Remember that you should omit the unit for line-height property values.
Here's one reference for that:

<http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200603/css_lineheight_does_not_need_a_unit/>

I also use a reset/base/fonts css (I prefer YUI) in order to
reset/normalize my global styles... That might also help you.

Hope that helps.

[/ot]

Cheers,
Micky

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Joshua Russo <josh.r.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is a bit off topic but I know this place is full of very
> helpfulĀ intelligent people. :o)
> Ok so I have an html block (div, p, doesn't matter what kind), and I fill it
> with a label and an input text field. The input is always larger than the
> label (rightly so), but the label is always aligned to the top of the block.
> I want to center the label in the block but for the life of me, I can't
> figure out how.
> Any ideas on how to fix it or where to go to get an answer?

Micky Hulse
Web Content Editor
The Register-Guard
3500 Chad Drive