On 24-08-11 13:19, glenn hafstrom wrote:
I'm new to this and I have just started with django.
I would like to have some kind of container for example I would like
to drag and drop a webaddress
to the container and then save them in my django application.
Is there any Javscript or anything else that I can use to handle
this?

Best way is to do it in two steps:

- First make a regular django form with one input field for the url and a submit button. Get that working.

- Second step: google for some javascript that handles it. "jquery ui" has some drag/drop support, but I don't know if that also works for items dragged from outside the browser window.

But get step 1 working first. Step 2 will need that functionality in place to be able to do something :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
rein...@vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/