On 27 Aug 2011, at 12:26, vikas ruhil wrote:

> A brief Description of system On i  need help for memcached size:-
> 1)Cpu :- i7 intel , 16 Gb Ram , Internal SATA Hard-disk :640 Gb , External
> Hardisk :-10 Tb, Os :- Ubuntu-32bit
> 2)Cpu- i2 intel core2duo , 4Gb Ram, Internal SATA Hard-disk: 320 Gb ,
> External Hard-disk :- 2 Tb , Os:-Ubuntu-32bit
> 3)Cpu- i2 intel core2duo , 4Gb Ram, Internal SATA Hard-disk: 320 Gb ,
> External Hard-disk :- 2 Tb , Os:-FreeBsd-7.0 (I am using FreeBsd with Lamson
> for mailing system)
>
> Using Command line  :- memcached -d -m <memory size> -l 127.0.0.1 -p 11222
> Anybody able to suggest memory size for Django, or for Dynamic python usage
> for high Performance computing
>
> Regards
> Vikash Ruhil

Ooops sorry sent my other request as a reply to this so sorry if it screws up
this thread.

As for how much memory you need for memcached that is something that is highly
site dependant. Some sites can manage with a relatively low amount of RAM
dedicated to memcache as they don't have a whole lot of data that needs to be
cached at any one time. Others require huge amounts.

I would suggest you do some experimentation and see what the effect on your
server load as you play around with memory amounts.